Brick by Brick Uganda is a small but innovative bi-national organization which has been operating in Rakai District since 2003. Our main offices are located in Masaka Town. Our Mission is to create partnerships that improve education, health and economic opportunity for the communities we serve. We have been working with rural communities rebuilding crumbling Universal Primary Education schools, identifying critical needs in water, sanitation and health delivery and developing a cooperative work plan addressing these problems. Brick by Brick Uganda is looking for a very creative, proactive, talented, experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Program Director to be part of its team.
How to apply: Send your application by email to Jacqueline Kalembe at: email@example.com, with your CV, cover letter, attach certified copies of academic certificates with their receipts and details of three contactable referees by 20th May 2016. Please include in the subject line: Program Director. Applicants from Uganda are strongly preferred.
Please see the Job Description below:
Job Title: Brick by Brick Uganda Program Director
Reports To: Brick by Brick Uganda Executive Director and Brick by Brick Partners (USA) Executive Director
Role Definition: To provide for the management and oversight of all programs and projects implemented by Brick by Brick Uganda. To oversee the monitoring and evaluation of all programs and projects implemented by Brick by Brick Uganda.
- In collaboration with the Program Directors/Coordinators of each program develop, update and monitor the progress of the respective program work plans.
- In collaboration with the Program Directors/Coordinators of each program develop and approve budgets for each of Brick by Brick Uganda’s programs.
- Develop agenda for weekly staff meeting to regularly monitor progress on program activities and coordinate staff schedules for the coming week.
- Chair weekly staff meeting
- In collaboration with Program Directors/Coordinators ensure implementation of program work plans and M&E plans
- Provide oversight and support for Program Directors and Coordinators in fulfilling their program objectives and deliverables.
- Review and provide feedback to Program Directors/Coordinators on quarterly program progress reports and ensure delivery of final report.
- Prepare and deliver Brick by Brick Uganda quarterly program progress report (encompassing all programs) to Brick by Brick Uganda and Brick by Brick Partners Executive Directors
- Attend weekly meeting with Brick by Brick Partners Executive Director to review status and progress of program activities and deliverables
- Prepare and deliver annual report on Brick by Brick Uganda’s programs
- Meet monthly with Brick by Brick Uganda Finance and Administration Manager to review program expenditures and budget.
- In collaboration with Brick by Brick Uganda Finance and Administration Manager, Brick by Brick Partners Treasurer and Brick by Brick Partners Executive Director prepare annual budget for the fiscal year (Jan-Dec).
- Lead interview committees for the hiring of new employees.
- Orient and train new staff hires.
- Prepare presentations and represent Brick by Brick Uganda at national, regional and international meetings as required.
- Provide logistic support for and host national and international visitors to our Masaka and/or Kalisizo offices as well as program sites.
- Provide logistic support for Brick by Brick Interns, both national and international as well as Peace Corp volunteers.
- Coordinate regular postings on Brick by Brick social media platforms and Brick by Brick website blog
- Attend Brick by Brick Uganda Board of Directors Annual Meeting and serve as recording secretary in order to maintain records
- Submit minutes of above meeting within ten working days to the Brick by Brick Uganda and Brick by Brick Partners Executive Directors
- Network with potential community and national stakeholders on as needed basis.
- Meet with potential organizational partners when delegated by the Executive Director.
- Assist in organizational fundraising duties and/or grant writing as delegated by the Executive Director.
- The Program Manager may be assigned to perform duties at any time for Brick by Brick Uganda not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of Brick by Brick Uganda and meeting its mission, vision and objectives. The position of program coordinator requires flexibility to assume required tasks as needed.
- As a representative of the organization, the Program Manager will be expected to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion. All duties must be in accord with the Brick by Brick Uganda Code of Conduct and performed in an ethical and forthright manner as expected of a Ugandan professional.
Key Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work, Social Administration, Business Administration (Majoring in Management) or equivalent, Masters Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in program management.
- At least 1 years’ experience in engaging with district stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a diverse, multicultural team, international team.
- Work experience in Uganda preferred.
- Must have strong decision making abilities especially in crisis under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent both in spoken and written in Luganda and English. Fluency in other Ugandan local languages is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of various project management computer applications , as well as Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Skype.
- Must have strong speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with upcountry stations.
Brick by Brick-Uganda is an equal opportunities and corruption intolerant employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.